Tuesday 12 April 2016

100 Words Prompt: Power





“What type of power do you seek?”
“I dunno, just power, I guess.”
“So, you seek the power of chaos.”
“No. I seek the power to change things.”
“Oh, chaos will do that.”
“I mean: I want people to do as I tell them.”
“And what would you tell them to do?”
“Umm, stuff … you know … Things I want doing.”

“What if what you want is not in their best interests?”
“Look, are you gonna grant me the power or not?”
“You’re not very bright, are you? I will grant you the power of politics. You show aptitude.

4 comments:

  1. Very good use of dialogue in this piece. That last line, "grant you the power of politics" is very apropos to the presidential campaigning that is ongoing in the U.S. Glad to have you join the Challenge. Hope to see you back soon.

    (A link back to the prompt post would be appreciated. Then your readers can find the other 100 Word stories.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. These are good fun. The link is there, it is just a bit feint. I will make sur it is more prominent on the next one. :)

      Delete
  2. Let's see how he does with *that* power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I think we all know how it will pan out. :)

      Delete